Monday, May 25, 2009
Reality Shows: Fake or Real?
Reality Shows:fake or real? That's what I ask myself when reality shows are beaming on my t.v screen.Even though the people say that everything is real and it's taped at that moment and there were no double takes.Most shows that I watch are reality t.v. My mom always tells me that "it's fake and a waist of time.Nothing is real in reality t.v". But I disagree sometimes because the situations that happen in the shows are real and the situations are real and people go through it. For a couple of weeks now a lot of drama has come along with the stars of TLC's Jon and Kate plus 8. If you have never heard of it its about two parents taking care of their eight children under that age of ten. They have two sets of sextuplets.Cameras document their lives and catch every bit fight, laughs,kids crying etc. This show is one of the highest raising t.v shows on that program.For a while now the parents of eight children have taken the cover of magazines and have been that main focus on the news. There have been speculations that Jon, the father has been having an affair with a young teacher and Kate, the mom has been having an affair with her bodyguard.I think that this show is not fake.The show is mainly based on the kids and their life raising their children and there daily struggles.Lets face it, its not easy raising eight kids.How do you fake something like that. On the other hand MTV's highest rating show The Hills is a show that I watch once a week. I believe that this show is fake in certain situations.You can tell that certain things are fake.The stuff that happens on the show had different situations then stuff in the tabloids.So, I think that certain reality shows are fake and some are real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Its true most reality t.v is FAKE. Big time. Those shows like "Tila Tequila", "Double Shot at Love" all the "Real World" shows .. "I Love Money." THEY ARE ALL FAKE. There was something I watched a long time ago revealing what realiity t.v producers do, such as altering people words and also add more words to make seem as if someone said something at the heat of the moment to cause a fight. Scenes do become deleated or cut. I mean if it's such a "reality" show things like cutting a part or deleteing it shouldn't occur. I always watched shows like that just for the heck of it. In a way it's eye catching espically if you're watching a preview and someone goes to the hospital or a fight breaksout it makes you want to write down the time and date of that show and get ready with your snacks a few mintues befoure its about to show and have the remote close by,sit, and watch the show. I mean this is how reality t.v producers make money. Mostly because if the previews are eye catching most likely your going to have an audience.
ReplyDeleteAll the shows are scripted! Its beyond obvious. And you know what i think; there all there to brainwash us. The more i watch them the dumber i think i get. MTV and VH1 are perfact examples of how the entertainment world controls societys perceptions. We get so into the show that were obsessed with whats going on in their life, people who we've never met before. We get so worried about whats going to happen next.. WHY? Shows like that arent benifical in anyway
ReplyDeleteAll reality shows are fake. In the world of Media reality means, "lets make people think its real and the impossible becomes possible". On all of these reality shows like "The Hills", they make the characters lives seem so interesting. They really aren't. The only real thing about Reality T.V is that the people are real.
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting topic, but not up to my writing standards.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 3/4