Monday, June 1, 2009
Does being famous lead to trouble?
A few hours ago i was watching a program on TV about famous people and how their lives change now that they are in the spot light. Some lead to death, time in jail or just lost in their minds.When you think of famous people you think of Hollywood. Ever since the late 1950s drugs was a big issue with actors and entertainers. It was the "in" things to do. So I think to myself, why drugs? You have all this success and you want to screw it up by smoking weed or doing marijuana.I don't see that point.In my latest blog I wrote about why celebrities get special treatments. I'm writing bout this because I think "celebrities" are a big influence in kids today.We look up to them. McKenzie Phillips is a good example of experience drugs. She said that "God, is this the day you take me". Today she is clean an sober.But back then her fame was at the top and I guess to celebrate her success.Alcohol was also a major issue.A SNL start Chris Farlley died from a overdose. Close friends of the start said he was a heavy drinker. I think that once you are in the spotlight you have to have that image of always being perfect and there are days where you say screw it and just let loose.Also, your around a different zone then your hometown feeling is gone.They get so caught up with it that I feel they forget where they came from.For instance Miley Cyrus has been in the news ever since Hannah Montana was the "it" show.She was this sweet girl who go too much fame too quickly.Headlines flew when a cover shot of her wearing a riscay cloth. I feel that it was inapropreate. The press makes it worse.It leads them to their breaking points sometimes. No wonder why young celebs are in the news a lot. So to answer my question. Yes, I do think that being famous does lead you to trouble. You get lost in your mind.You may be famous but that doent mean you should get into trouble beacuse you have a lable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I feel as though it all turns back around to the media. The media can make up rumors or they could seriously have hardcore facts but in the end it is invading the privacy of an individual. It corrupts are minds to believe them and what they say about everything. It is freedom of press, they have the right to do what they do and i suppose when you have a dream to be famous and you follow that dream the media is apart of your life along with all your fans. It is something that is known and that cant be stopped.
ReplyDeleteI feel like the media having their eye on you 24/7 definitely plays a toll on your persona. I would never like to be watched so closely. If you look at people like Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan who have been in the spotlight from a very young age, they're clearly not as secure about themselves as they should be. If I was a celebrity, I would pass up fame if given the choice.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Liridona and Kelly. The media does playa huge role on celebrities because it puts a lot of pressure on a person and sometime we can't handle it; so we tend to do crazy things. Sometimes I do believe the media makes up lies; but then again how would magazines and television be so popular if they didn't tell a small white lie here and there. It does invade a person's privacy though, and I think average people would like to be in a celebrities shoes but for all the wrong reasons. Fame leads to peoples heads; just like Miley Cyrus and it causes problems for them in the end. So I don't think it's worth it to be famous and have controversy about you everywhere you go.
ReplyDeleteTotal: 96
ReplyDeleteGrade: B