Monday, May 11, 2009

Technology takes over the world

What would you be doing right now if you weren't sitting in front of a computer screen right now? You might be playing outside with friends enjoying the fresh air. For some kids/teens in the 50s that was what their life on a day to day basis. They didn't have the many privileges as us teen have today. The thing close to a computer was type writer and look at us now.We have nice computers with a decent size screen and we can blast music whenever we want, and now we can take our computers where ever we go with the laptops.When technology first started entering society people were amazed that they just wanted more. Today, "technology" is our life basicaly.You see kids with nice and cool cell phones, like the sidkick and the latest "have now" cellphone is the blackberry. Every where you turn you see some kind of new invention. You see people walking in the streets with an ipod.Technology get new a fresher new inventions every year. People have no idea how incredible the new technology is.But, then I also think how it takes over our life. It takes away our knowlege. People cant think for themselves at times.Lets face it. You cant live with them, you cant live without it.Whenever a new invention come out everyone is eager to have it. Ill admit that if I forget my cell phone at home or my ipod I feel like my day is ruinedbecause I dont know what to do.Its an addiction that there is no treatment for it.Even if you try and stay away from the new "must haves" there will always be something new presented to the world.So has tecnology taken over the world? Or is it just a phase that society will never get rid of.But I will admit that tecnology has helped us out in our everyday lives.Like,if we didnt have no transportation how would life still be like.We would still be using horse and buggie around. In a way im thankful for the inventions that have been presented in our world but I do feel it might be going over board.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed 100% Technology is one of the key factors in the brainwashing of the American Society along with the entire human race. Technology is also our greatest threat due our dependence on it. I remember during the blackout of 03 people were going crazy, plus the fact that technology helps manufacture drugs and weapons is not good at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree 100 percent. I think this world has become entirely too infatuated with technology and computers, and texting. I think that all this advancement in technology makes our lives more complicated. I despise how it makes so many kids sick, it used to be that children went out and played. There was fresh air, now theirs im's and online predators. I think the world is so brainwashed by all of it really always bothers me. I have heard 100 times today "oh my phones dead i want to die" that’s so absurd there are so many beautiful things one can do in this world instead of waiting time in front a computer screen. How ironic that I am typing this on a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are staring at a computer screen because I'm making you! Good post.

    Grade: 3/4

    ReplyDelete