Monday, April 6, 2009
Little Peopel Big World
One of the shows that I watch on Monday night at 8 on TLC is Little People Big World.The show is about two dwarf parents Matt, Amy raising their four children on their farm in Oregon. The oldest of the kids are twins Jeremy and Zach 19..but one is average size and the other one is int.Their two other kids Molly 16, Jacob 13 are average height.Basicall the show is about some of the struggles they have and that they are just like everyone else.The can do the same things as average size people but they do it in a different way. One episode Matt, was designing special equipment for dwarf when they stay at a hotel or any local areas.The world is not based on little people and their need.Most of the stuff around of society is on average size people.In the hotels Matt, created a special stool that they can step on and reach places.Befor I started watchin this show I never really understood how different and challenging life is for them.When they drive a a car they have to use a spacial pedale that they screw on the pedal of the car.This makes it easier to drive. People often look a little people as othing.They just look down and stare.One thing that suprised me is they have little people conventions, where little peoopel from all over America come togetehr and do activities and just interact with other little peopel.I was amazed how many little people are out there.When I watch this show it gave me a different perspective on the world and how lucky I am.Now that I have a better understanding of little people, It upsets me when people make fun of them.Everyone is equal.It doesnt matter what size height they are or if they look differnt that other people that walk the streets. In a way I feel colse to the people on the show because, you can get attatch to these people.They are a kid, loveing an tightnest family.If people can look besides that fact they some people are different, the world would be a better place.I also hope that in local places especiall in hotels that it can make it more comfortable for their stay.Belive me when I say that you will not regret watching this family on their day to day life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this show so much. i used to watch it more when it first came out but I still see it every now and then. This show is amazing and it does give people another outlook on little people and how different but similar they're life is to ours. Many people look down on little people or "dwarfs' but they're just equally the same. After watching this show I seen how they live and the struggles they go through. How they can walk the street and have people just stare them down because they look different. I agree with you , that after watching this show you become attached to the whole family. show and their lifestyle gets addicting to watch.
ReplyDeleteThe face that you spelled "people" wrong in your title should tell you about college level work.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 1/4