Monday, March 30, 2009

Why should celebrities get the special treatments?

Being a celebrity is something that everyone would want to be.To have one day in their shoes.All that money,cars,mansions,fabulous clothes etc. People only dream to live their dream. Being a celebrity definitely has it's advantages.When I watch the new about these famous people I see them going into clubs for free, skipping the line and also seeing underage celebrities going into bars.I don't know about you, but Its not possible to get in a club if you live in an apartment or whatever would have definitely not have gotten in. "Celebrity" is a stereotype word for a free ride.Why should people with money go into restaurants and other local areas and sometimes not even pay?, because the owner wants them to come more often or tell their celebrity friends to come for a nice meal or to party it up with Paris Hilton.Young celebrities today, have been on out television screens and magazines a lot, and mostly they got in trouble.Is it to get attention or more room on next weeks Daily News.For instance Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Kloe Kardashian, Nicole Richie, and all those other celebrities that have been on the other side of jail bars. Most of those celebrities got in trouble with a D.U.I and sometimes refuse to take a breath test.Paris Hilton got only a few days in jail and later on she got three moths in prison and got out early.Nicole Richie got only three hours for driving on the wrong side of the road.Really? That's crazy.In every state in the U.S has different laws with a D.U.I. In Oregon, the driver can face a licence suspension for 90 if refusing to take a breath or drug test.In California, most of the D.U.I are from drunk driving. They have 10 days after their D.U.I to make a appointmet with the judge.My point is, why should celebrities get the special treatments. We are all human and celebrity or not we should all get the same punishment as a average person who did the same crime.Why should us, as Americans have different laws and regulations just because one has the power and the others might have no say.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. I mean yes, why should celebrities get in to clubs, returants etc. for free. I believe the club owners should be making them pay TRIPLE for the amount of money these celebrities make. Even in these hard times celebrities make probably 10 times what the average american makes. If i were an owner of a resturant I would make them pay and if they actually like my place of work then they are more then welcome to come back and maybe even then I would not have them pay for their food, drinks etc.When it comes to the law I feel that no one is excempt from it espically a celebrity. If they are stupid enough to go to a club and get so drunk they can't even walk a stright line then they should definetly get the type of punishment any average joe would get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and believe the same thing. Everyone is the same to me and should get the same exact treatment as everyone else. But you also got to think about how they don't just get away with these acts like DUI charges and they pay their way threw everything. If they weren't famous they would be getting the same punishment as we will,but they don't because they pay their way through it behind close doors. Its all a scam to me in my opinion and since we support these celebrities we don't protest or state our opinios enough to be put into effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also agree with you 100%. Being a celebrity is just a title and a opportunity not most people get. Your right, mostly a lo of people would lie to be famous one day including myself; but that doesn't give anyone the right to get special treatment. Celebrities are humans just like us just with more luck. They get away with many things such as DUI charges and instead of getting the punishment we do they get off because there "Britney Spears" Or "Paris Hilton". I also agree with Margaret for making prices more expensive for celebrities because it isn't like thy don't have the money to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you because celebrities always get the special treatment. They can pay their way out of everything. Celebrities are influential to the world and by letting them off easily, it certainly doesn't set a good example. If Paris Hilton didn't receive enough punishment for DUI then she'll most likely do it again and the rest of the world will follow her lead. Celebrities receive free gifts and bonuses for items that we have to pay thousands for, because they're famous. In society, superiority lies in the hands of the rich and famous, the rest go unnoticeable. The ones that contribute the most receive no recognition or special treatment; and that taints our society. Margret makes a good statement, laws are official, no one should be exempt from obeying the law regardless of how much money they have in their bank account.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear stef, I completly agree with you. two often peoples money can get to their head. The case with the "stars" is that people assme that their better because they have been on t.v. This upsets me so much to know that people can be bad people and so cruel but get treated better than most. Ones personality should not be determined based upon how much money they have but throguh theri actual content of their true authentic self. I wonder if those celebrites are true to thmeselves,I bet you they might even feel like they have lost themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that this topic received so much attention. I have often wondered as well why celebrities get so much for free when they are the only ones who can afford it to begin with. Nice work.

    Grade: 3/4

    ReplyDelete